Arlon 85N PCB. Arlon 85N Polyimide – Unmodified,Arlon 84N Multifilm Hole-Fill Prepreg, Arlon 38N Low Flow Polyimide Prepreg,Arlon 37N Low-Flow vs. No-Flow Polyimide,Arlon HF-50 Polymide Hole Fill Compound. Alcanta PCB company manufactures Arlon Series PCB. From 2 layer to 30 layers. High quality. More cheap price.
85N is the ultimate pure polyimide laminate and prepreg system. Bromine-free chemistry provides Best-in-Class thermal stability for applications with sustained high in-use temperatures as well as for use in lead-free soldering applications.
• Meets IPC4101/40 and /41 description and specification
Ø Pure polyimide, no secondary resin
Ø No epoxy added, blended or reacted
• Best-in-Class thermal properties
Ø Tg=> 250°C
Ø Decomposition temperature >407°C
Ø T300>60 min.
• Low Z-axis expansion
Ø 1.2% between 50-260°C (vs. 2.5-4.0% for typical high-performance epoxies)
Ø Minimizes the risk of latent PTH defects caused during solder reflow and device attachment.
• Decomposition temperature of 407°C, compared with 300-360°C for typical highperformance epoxies, offering outstanding long- term high-temperature performance
• Toughened chemistry resists resin fracturing
• Halogen-free chemistry
• Compatible with lead-free processing
• RoHS/WEEE compliant
• PCB’s that are subjected to high temperatures during processing, such as lead-free soldering, HASL, IR Reflow
• Applications with long term exposure to high temperatures such as aircraft engine instrumentation, down hole drilling, under-hood automotive controls, burn-in boards, or industrial sensors.
Recommended Process Conditions:
Process inner-layers through develop, etch, and strip using standard industry practices. Use brown oxide on inner
layers. Adjust dwell time in the oxide bath to ensure uniform coating. Bake inner layers in a rack for 60 minutes at
107°C – 121°C (225°F – 250°F) immediately prior to lay-up. Store prepreg at 60-70°F at or below 30% RH.
Vacuum desiccate the prepreg for 8 – 12 hours prior to lamination.
1) Pre-vacuum for 30 – 45 minutes
2) Control the heat rise to 4.5°C – 6.5°C (8°F – 12°F) per minute between 100°C and150°C (210°F and 300°F).
Vacuum lamina tion is prefer red. Start point vacuum lami nation pressures are shown in the table below:
3) Set cure temperature at 218˚C (425˚F). Start cure time when product temperature > 213˚ C (415˚F)
4) Cure time at temperature = 120 minutes
5) Cool down under pressure at ≤ 5°C/min (10°F/min)
Drill at 350 SFM. Undercut bits are recommended for vias 0.0 18” (0.45mm) and smaller
De-smear using alkaline permanganate or plasma with settings appropriate for polyimide;
plasma is preferred for positive etchback
Conventional plating processes are compatible with 85N
Standard profiling parameters may be used; chip breaker style router bits are not
recommended Bake for 1 – 2 hours at 250°F (121°C) prior to solder to reflow of HASL
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us with email@example.com , we will be happy to help you.
what is the specific heat for arlon 85N
I remember. It’s 250⁰C for Arlon 85N core. I will check it with our engineer team soon.
Does your company need the Arlon 85N materials PCBs please? and could you please send me the PCB gerber files please?
that. our engineer will check your questions. we are sales department.